VBXE – Video board for Atari XL/XE
Hardware, manuals, FAQ, and other info on manufacturers website – HERE
VBXE project was started in 2005 by Tomasz Piórek (Electron/TQA), and the first public announcement was made in March of 2006. Since that time, the VBXE project has been improved by Candle’o’Sin – Video DAC was replaced, microcontroller responsible for FPGA core management functions was changed from PIC to ATMega48. Recently, new life was pumped into the project – another VideoDac change, few minor changes. The newest version – 2.1 – is 100% compatible with its predecessors and is made on automatic assembly lines – 100% ROHS.
- RGB output providing crisp clear picture using LCD TV or RGB monitor
- up to 1024 colors on screen from a 21-bit palette
- graphics resolution up to 640x480i (640x240p) in 64 colours, 320x240p in 1024 colours, and 160x240p in 1024
- true 80 char mode for text display
- blitter with 7 modes of operations capable of zooming displayed data, transparency, collision detection, and many other features
- full downward compatible with GTIA chip
- VBXE board
- adapter for Atari XE
Do not attempt to install it by yourself if you are not skilled enough and do not feel confident with soldering iron!