SRAM 64Kb replacement for Atari XL/XE
Hardware, manuals, FAQ, and other info on manufacturers website – HERE
SRAM MODULE is the first step to help Atari owners to repair their computers, as in most cases faulty RAM chip is a problem.
- Replaces faulty base 64KB RAM in all Atari XL/XE
- Replaces broken DELAY LINE chip in XL computers
- Upgrades RAM in 600XL to 64KB
- SRAM MODULE
Step by step:
- REMOVE old RAM CHIPS
- install SRAM MODULE under the MAIN CPU; insert CPU to SRAM MODULE
- Connect CI point at SRAM module to CAS_INHIBIT SIGNAL (for example MMU pin 16)
- EXT – connection to Extension Select is not needed to resurrect Atari, but some upgrades may need it, Rapidus for example. Please, refer to the schematics of your computer.
- PIN 1 is below EXT hole; bottom left at below picture.
Refer to this handy article https://www.evilmadscientist.com/2010/basics-finding-pin-1/