Rapidus – accelerator board for Atari XL/XE
Hardware, manuals, FAQ, and other info on manufacturers website – HERE
Rapidus is an internal accelerator board for the 8-bit Atari series.
- internal CPU turbo card for Atari XE,
- WDC 65C816 micro processor operating at 20 MHz!!!
- managed by Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA and XC95XL CPLD devices,
- 1024kb of zero waitstate SRAM,
- up to 30.5MB of storage ram – SDRAM clocked at 160 MHz!!!
- 512kB of Flash memory (256kB is reserved for FPGA cores, 256kB for OS and New Device handler)
- 256b of EEPROM,
- high-speed bus connector for external I/O interfaces, DMA support,
- working modes, fully software-controlled – on-screen bios menu, accessible by pressing INV ( and hold) + RESET
- low power consumption due to DC/DC converters, no extra power supply required
- simple installation: put Rapidus board in place of old 6502C and just solder 3 wires, or use an Adeptus board – this depends on the model of your computer. In this case, you don’t have to solder any wires.
- Do not attempt to install it by yourself if you are not skilled enough and do not feel confident with soldering iron!
- XL version comes with a special adapter – ADAPTUS
- RAPIDUS UPGRADE may be very problematic with the ULTIMATE 1MB upgrade or VBXE. Please, install it as a standalone mod only!
- in the XE series, you will need extra 4-5 precision dip sockets to build the socket tower to lift RAPIDUS PCB over cart SLOT. Sockets are NOT INCLUDED!
- RAPIDUS board
- 3pin Molex connector