Hardware, manuals, FAQ, and other info on manufacturers website – HERE
Please, be prepared for delayed postage. At least 10 days.
Fully automatic SCART switch with full galvanic inputs separation.
How does it work?
Imagine, you have many retro systems in use. Amiga, Atari ST, ZX spectrum, etc… and you have only one TV/Monitor with one SCART INPUT. Each time, you want to switch the system, you have to connect your machine to your monitor. Every time, You do it – you damage the SCART socket. Those days are over. Connect up to 16 computers/consoles to HYDRA, then connect HYDRA to Your TV/Monitor and power on hydra with your mobile phone charger with MICRO USB plug. HYDRA will detect an active SCART input and forward all signals to your TV/monitor. Simple and efficient.
BOLD – New features compared to W-HYDRA
- 16 SCART inputs ( RGB, s-video, composite)
- 1 SCART output
- “Knight rider” style active SCART detection
- Full ROHS
- Expandable with 2 additional HYDRA HEADS devices to offer outstanding 24inputs SCART functionality
- AVR controller with firmware future updates
- HQ Plexi
- MICRO USB power supply (regular mobile phone charger 5V1A will do the job)
- Improved signal detection hysteresis – all cables shall work now
- Audio buffer for SCART audio output to reduce “hearable audio pops”
- SYNC ON GREEN mode for SCART input 2 (SW7 – SOG SWITCH)
- RGB ONLY / AUTO mode for SCART input 8 (SW8 )
Do not use garbage power supply – any decent micro USB mobile charger will do the work.. and please be careful with USB SOCKET 😉
NEVER connect/disconnect SCART PLUGS while HYDRA is POWERED ON especially when CONSOLE/COMPUTER is also POWERED ON!
I’ve put much effort into the ability to pass through many types of signals: from composite to component. To protect the device and not to cut signal range, HYDRAs have additional ESD protection diodes, but for a short period of time when scanning for active SCART, Hydra is defenseless. If You got to hit that moment by plugging a powered-on device, You will damage the RGB chip with ESD voltage that may reach thousands of volts (not dangerous for you, but electronics is fragile..). This chip may become very hot and protection will probably brick hydra till one of the chips is replaced (NCS2564). The cost of repair is 10Euro !!!
- knight rider effect stops
- one SCART port doesn`t work
- Interferences between ports
- HD led doesn`t work anymore
- only one port gives the correct picture; others are darker…
USE SIMPLEST SCART CABLES POSSIBLE
- No tricky electronics inside as NOT NEEDED. Hydra has built-in all necessary features
- Hydra accepts the following sync signals at pin 20 of SCART:
- Composite video
- Composite sync ( please, read FAQ tab above)
- Left – scan for active source to the left from active one (if active is far left, no action) / next SCART in manual mode
- Right – scan for active source to the right from active one (if active is far-right, no action) / previous SCART in manual mode
- Middle – HD/LOW PASS filter (led on/off) – default ON
- Left+right pressed – disables “knight rider led effect”
- Middle + right – Automatic/manual mode