This is the SLIM version of the HxC floppy emulator.
HxC floppy emulator – SLIM
The HxC floppy emulator is a very smart device designed by Jean-François Del Nero. It allows you to emulate any 34-pin floppy disk drive. The SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator can replace different kinds of floppy disk drives and allows you to use SD Card media instead of floppy disks. This emulator is actually used with Amiga, Atari, CPC, PC computers, different keyboards and samplers, CNC machine tools, and scientific instruments…
The SD HxC Floppy Emulator was tested with a lot of different models of SD cards and should work properly with all SD Cards. Unfortunately, there is a lot of fake/bad flash media (SD cards/CF cards/USB keys…) on the market. To ensure you the best experience with our products and to avoid issues with fake/bad SD cards, we have decided to offer you a selection of tested and certified working SD cards which are available through our store.
Floppy interface features:
- HE10 34-pin floppy connector or ZIF connector
- Hundreds of computers, keyboards/samplers/synths, and CNC machines supported! See the non-exhaustive list. (http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/support.htm)
(Showroom : http://hxc2001.com/showroom/index.html)
- 3″, 3″1/2, 5″1/4, 8″ disks emulation supported…
- Single and Double-sided disks supported.
- FM / SD, MFM / DD or HD densities supported.
- Bitrate : 125Kb/s, 250Kb/s, 300Kb/s, 500Kb/s…
- All RPM supported : 300 RPM, 360 RPM, 600 RPM…
- All sector sizes supported : 128B, 256B, 512B, 1024B, 2048B, 4096B… Mixed sector sizes supported.
- All track skew and sector interleaving supported.
- Up to 255 tracks per disk supported…
- Shugart compatible mode supported.
- PC compatible mode supported.
- Two floppy disk drives emulation
- 5V +/- 10% standard power floppy connector input.
- 3 LEDs (“Power LED”, “Floppy access LED”,” SDCard access LED “).
- 3 buttons (“Next”,”Select/Eject”,”Previous”).
- 1 audio transducer.
- 2*16 chars Alphanumerical LCD (LCD and buttons can be put on an external front panel)
- On-screen display software for Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, and Amiga Computers
- SD Card up to 2 GB.
- SDHC Card supported up to 32 GB.
- (10 MHz SPI bus mode. Average byte rate: ~500KB/s)
- FAT32 supported. Subdirectory and long name file supported.
List of supported file images type:
- ST, MSA, ADF, ADZ, DMS, DMZ, CPC DSK (standard and extended)
- CopyQM DSK, Oric DSK, IMG, SMC, MSX DSK, IMD, Zx Spectrum DSK, BetaDisk TRD,
- BetaDisk SCL, Thomson TO8D SAP, Thomson TO8D FD, PC88 D88, x68000 HDM (beta), x68000 XDF (beta), custom raw floppy geometry…
- AmigaDOS or FAT12 floppy disk image is supported through spare files.
Read / Write support:
- Track mode based floppy emulator (Full track pre-encoded in the HFE image file)
- Read support: Most of the existing formats (FM/MFM/Amiga track…) supported.
- Custom tracks supported.
- ISO MFM (DD/HD) & FM (SD) 128/256/512/1024/2048/4096 Bytes sectors write support.
- Arburg CNC writes support.
- Emu Emulator/SP1200 Write support.
- Amiga writes support.
Floppy bitrate supported:
- 125/250/300Kbits/s (SD/DD floppies
- 500Kbits/s (HD floppies)
- (others bitrates possible)
Note: Variable bitrate is not supported, so protected floppy disk image (IPF and STX file format) file support will be only partial! If you are looking for a device supporting IPF / STX, please have a look at the USB HxC Floppy Emulator device)
- SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_User_Manual_ENG.pdf (English)
- SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_User_Manual_FRA.pdf (Français)
- SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Product_Brief.pdf (English)
- SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Product_Brief_JP.pdf (Japanese)
- Software User Manual / Step by Step guide
- HxCFloppyEmulator software
- FloppyEmulator Manager (for Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, and Amiga)
More downloads: Jeff`s Page
1. What devices are supported? Will the HxC emulator work with my device?
2. My device is not on the list? Can you help?
You can submit questions and new host support requests to Jeff’s forum: http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/